Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars

I was browsing recipes about 2 weeks ago and came across this fabulous recipe.  I have also seen a few other blogs out there give it a try all the more tempting me to make them, so I did. These guys are as good as they look.  Trust me!COOKIE DOUGH CHEESECAKE BARSCrust:1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs5 tablespoons unsalted butter, meltedChocolate Chip Cookie Dough:5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature1/3 cup packed light brown sugar3 tablespoons granulated sugar1/4 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract3/4 cup flour1 cup chocolate chipsCheesecake Filling:10 oz cream cheese, room temperature1/4 cup sugar1 large egg, room temperature1 teaspoon pure vanilla extractPreheat the oven to 325 F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Combine the mixture, then turn it out into the prepared pan. Using your hands, press the crust into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Do not turn your oven off.While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In the bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute. On low speed, mix in the flour until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.Now onto the cheesecake filling! In the bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed just until incorporated. Spread the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps, distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter in teaspoon-sized clumps, using all of the dough. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter.Bake 28-30 minutes, until the top cookie dough layer feels dry and firm and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.Lift the bars out by the overhang; slice into desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.Enjoy!Linking to these fun parties and here

Comments

"The Smelly Lady" says:

Oh YUM! I'm adding this to my "recipes to try" list. two of my favorite things combined. Thanks!

Oh, man. These look seriously yummy!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma says:

OHH my word yummmm!! So I am curious..do you eat everything you make? Or do you donate to neighbors and such?

XO Lindsay

haha! I eat some, but definitely donate most of it! I wish I could eat them all myself but sadly I can't haha! I have my husband take them to work, or take them to neighbors. Or I try to have my husband scarf them down! He is so skinny he could use the extra pounds :)

Shore Girl says:

Oh wow – those look so YUMMY! Bookmarking this page for sure!

Amanda Imbery says:

These looks unbelievable. Making this weekend, thanks for sharing!!

Those look delicious!!

What an ingenious idea! YUM!!

Rachel Joy says:

I love visiting your blog. It always gives me a reason to sabotage my diet.

I don't think you can go wrong with this combination! Mmm!!

Lark (SparkyLarky) says:

Oh my heavens ….I really want to eat one right NOW!

Lark (SparkyLarky) says:

Oh my heavens ….I really want to eat one right NOW!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

These look sooo good! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. I love to cook as well as paint furniture! I'm following along. Can't wait to try some new recipes!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

Lindsay says:

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a new follower. I absolutely love your blog! This will be have to be one of my go-to places for new recipes. Cookie dough is one of my faves…I can't wait to try this one out! I also eyed the s'mores recipe and will be checking it out as soon as I finish writing this comment… :)

Damaris says:

I'm so happy you stopped by my blog bc I found yours! I love love love it. I'm obsessed with cooking & baking even though I suck at it. -_-

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! Everyone in my house has been complaining that I cook the same things over and over again!! Can't wait to start trying out some of your things!! I'm stealing your button and adding you to my blogroll too :)

~Nikki

Oh wow. These look fantastic. I so need to try them.
    Thanks for the follow!

The Wilsons says:

Being that I am 8 months pregnant…. I am drooling right now! Those look amazing!
    -Jenna @ wilsonsandpugs.blogspot.com

These look delicious and certainly out of my calorie budget range, but there are always special occasions.

I love your blog, the food, the header, just everything and I can always use help in the kitchen. I am a new follower as well.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, following and leaving a comment so I could find you :)

The Answer Is Chocolate says:

These look delicious! I'm following you now too and I have a link party up right now. You should link these!!!

I think I'm making these this weekend for all of the festivities we have been invited to! WOW those look good :)

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog…I am following you back and look forward to all the yumminess to come.

Melynda says:

Now you've done it! These have all the best flavors, right in there (thanks)!

Oh they look too good! Excuse my ignorance – but I assume Graham Crackers are just plain biscuits??

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

oh goodness. You made me gain 5 pounds with that picture. My husband won't help himself to things that I make (his mom taught him to wait to be served), which means if I make this, I will eat 2/3 of the pan!

You had me at Cookie Dough! Yum!!! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to share this recipe at the Tuesday To Do Party!http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/07/tuesday-to-do-17-and-16-list-makers.htmlSmiles!Jami

Oh geez. Is this for real!? Those look so good!

aaahhhh!! My tunny is growling by my hips are saying 'NOOO!!!'

WHAT?!?! That much goodness in such a small area may cause the universe to implode! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

these look SO SO SO delicious! oh man, my mouth is watering over them. what a great combination choice. great site!kathrynwww.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

I'm so glad I found your blog through creativ juice thursdays. I'm totally following you!!

Thanks for linking up!! These look incredible! I'm going to pin them right now :)Ashtonwww.somethingswanky.com{Sweet Treats Thursday}

Wow, all of your recipes look fantastic, but this one looks ridiculously good. I'm so making these. Thanks!