Its that time of year. You may realize from my last post that I have been working a lot with Zucchini! It is the season for them, and if you have a garden that includes this wonderful vegetable, you may have quite the stash of it! Here is another recipe that is a fabulous way to use your zucchini! I get most of my recipes from my mother, and like most of the others, this too comes from her wonderful talents!
By September 21, 2010Published:
The perfect way to use up all your zucchini
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini unpeeled
- . CRUMB TOPPING . .
- 1/2 cup butter cold
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put into greased pans. Makes 2-3 loaves.
- To make topping, cut butter into mixed flour, oats and brown sugar. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. I also put a runny glaze on the top of mine, but it is good with out as well!